Sunday, September 15, 2013

Duyung Restaurant

I stayed at Grand Lexis Hotel for 2 days when a friend had her wedding ceremony at Port Dickson. Buffet breakfast was included with the stay.

The breakfast costs $42++ if you walk in and dine. It is considered expensive for me. However they have quite a lot variety Local delights like roti jala, mee goreng, nasi lemak,rendang chicken, curry chicken,porridge, dim sum, noodles soup; international has the salad, assorted bread and pastry with assorted jam; Indian have a few too; desserts you can find assorted fruits and yogurt.

Taste is quite subjective to the cuisines, I found roti jala, mee goreng and rendang chicken tasted great; international tasted standard and good. I had the breakfast for 2 days. They had the same menu, the difference only a few dishes being replaced.  For eg. Day 1 I had rendang chicken, carrot juice, curry gobi. Day 2 I had curry chicken, bread pudding, Indian curry vegetables.


Mee goreng, rendang chicken, gobi and pastry all tasted quite nice. I made a good selection on this. Sambal a bit disappointed, not as good as I expected.


The one like the net is the roti jala, it serves together with curry and it is really nice. Jala is a Malay word which means net and roti means bread, so it translated to English should be net bread.


Duyung Restaurant
Address:
Grand Lexis Hotel, Port Dickson
Batu 2, Jalan Seremban, 71000 Port Dickson, Malaysia
Tel: +60 6-653 2000

No comments: