Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Arcot Nawab Restaurant

My colleague recommended me to this South Indian restaurant as she said the rood here are quite special if compare to other restaurant.  I usually have North Indian . So this is new try for me. Arcot Nawab Restaurnt specializes in Nawabs and Nizam’s cuisines of Southern India. However, this is not all about South Indian as the region is really huge.

The food overall tasted quite nice, interesting and I found they are really quite different from North Indian   North Indian have more curry sauce type while South like drier. I am not sure was it because the signature item that we ordered. Every table will be served cumin water when you dine in, 1st time I had such spice water, fresh to me but some of my friends cannot take it.


Vasantha Neer ($3) - a special drink with the combination of coconut, lemon and mint. Tasted special and good. My colleague highly recommended to me.


Mango Lassi ($2.50) - I did not taste this but you won't go wrong with lassi and the price here quite cheap.


Egg Parotta ($2) and Parotta ($1.50) - the prata that we usually had. It is crispy and nice. I found the prata here is better than some famous prata place. No picture for this as we all so excited and forget about this

Meen Kothu ($7) - kind of fish cooked with beehun, smelled good. Not much flavour but not too bad.


Arcot Mutton Kurma ($8) - not the thick curry type but the mutton smell did not taste very strong in this style of cooking.


Calicut Chicken Roast ($7) - a bit salty but tasted quite unique. Good to go with briyani too.


Mutton Briyani($8.50) and Chicken Briyani ($7.50) - not the best briyani and most of us feel mutton briyani tasted better.


Karuvepilla Prawn ($8) - tasted quite ok but portion is too little.


Urulaikilangu Chips ($5) - fried chips with some spicy powder. Tasted good and some of my friends love it.


Homemade ice-cream that you will not get elsewhere, we got this FOC for the birthday girl. The boss generously sponsored it. It tasted really good, a must try desserts if you are here.


If compare, I personally prefer North Indian  food more, probably because I love curry from North Style more.

Arcot Nawab Restaurant
Address: #49, Chander Road, Singapore.
Tel: (65) 6392 1530

No comments: