Sunday, August 18, 2013

Victor's Kitchen

My colleague recommended me about this dim sum place.  It is located at Sunshine Plaza near Bugis area. This chef is from Hong Kong and worked at 5 star hotel's dim sum place for 20 years before he opened his own in Singapore, according to the news that I read while waiting.

It opens at 10:30am, supposedly. When we were there on time, we saw a long queue outside the dim sum place so we joined the queue, but they only allowed us to go in around 11am, 30 mins wait. The seating and setting is really like the typical dim sum shop in Hong Kong, very Hong Kong style.

We arranged to seat 16 and self services needed as the staff said they didn't have enough staff. We placed our order and again 30mins wait for the dim sum to be served. It might be due to the crowd and they didn't have enough manpower. There is no service charge so we shouldn't expecting any service like you go to restaurant. We ordered 5+1 items. Why is 5+1? This was because we added Char Siew Bao to the list while I was checking why one of our drink was missed.

You can see I only introduced 4 items, where are the other 2? I know we are not paying service charges but if your items is not selling, you should at least inform us or update your order list. We ordered glutinous rice which claimed as one of the 3 famous stuff in the shop and another is the char siew rice roll. We waited for 30mins for this after the carrot cake served. I was curious why non of the table served these 2 items. 30 mins was too long so I decided to check with them and they only told me, they didn't have that 2 items and apologise.  We wasted our time and I pity some other tables whose ordered the same stuff as us did not get any reply also when they asked a lady staff there. Guess she forgot to feedback them too.


Original Hong Kong Chilled Milk Tea($3) - this reminded me the milk tea that I had in Hong Kong. The taste is similar. I quite like it.


Golden Egg Yolk Lava Bun($4) - definitely on my choice when come to dim sum and is one of their best seller. The skin was not soft enough but the filling was good. It really flow.


Siew Mai($4) - not that fantastic, taste average.  You should try their prawn dumplings which is highly recommended but I did not try because my friend is allergic to prawn. Siew Mai contains prawn too so he had to pick out all.


Steamed Carrot Cake($4) - it came in the bowl and tasted good. We both like it. It is made of scallop, preserved sausage, mini prawn and the XO sauce added the flavour.  You can add 50 sens more for extra XO sauce.


Char Siew Bao($4) - tasted average for me but my friend like it.


Victor's Kitchen
Address: Sunshine Plaza #01-21, 91 Bencoolen Street, Singapore 189652
Tel: 9838 2851
Operating Hours: Daily 10:30 am–8:00 pm, Close on Monday

No comments: