Thursday, August 29, 2013

Poulet III

My 3rd visit to Poulet as my friends never try before and I started to find that I can see Poulet everywhere. The original at Bugis+, then Great World City, Jurong Point, Raffles City Tower etc. I had been to both at Bugis+ and there is always queue for that, with the more branches open I guess the queue will be reduced.  No queue and less people on the Sunday afternoon we went. Partly I guess it is over lunch time.


For appetizer we got the Salad de Paris($9.80) and Cream of Wild Mushrooms and Idaho Potato($5.80++). I somehow like the salad combination and 1st time tried their mushrooms soup. Unlike the other restaurant, the 1st spoonful it looked like diluted because it is more watery. When you taste it, it is good apparently, very much flavoring.


Iberico Pork Belly ($15.80++) - The pork is tender and taste good, serves well with the mash potatoes.


I introduced the signature Poulet Roti($15.80 - Half, $28.80 - Whole) to my friends and requested for more sauce.  The sauce is still good but the chicken I felt not as good as my 1st experience.  The new dish, the same roasted chicken serves with home-made cranberry sauce and double mustard was disappointing. I did not really like the combination. Both chicken tasted like not roasted well for me.



We got the Tiramisu($7.80++) and Banana Bread Pudding($6.80++) for the desserts. I wonder if they make the tiramisu at the different kitchen, it was average.  The bread pudding was too hard for me, not the texture I like. The ice cream just like normal vanilla flavour that you can get in the supermarket.
Overall, if you never try Poulet, it is still worth for the visit, compared to the fine dining French restaurant, this is a cheaper choice.


You may also interested on my last 2 visit at Bugis+:-

Poulét 
Address: 1 Jurong West Central 2, #B1-57/58/59, Singapore 648331
Tel: (+65) 6861 0217
Website: http://poulet.com.sg/
Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/PouletSG

No comments: