Thursday, April 3, 2014

Hoshino Coffee

I suddenly tempted to try their desserts and on a Friday night, I went and queued for an hour. That is quite a long wait so I decided next time better dun come to plaza Singapore during dinner time as it seems always crowded and long queue at almost all the restaurant. Once a while, I will do crazy stuff but pity my friend who waited for it also, I know he hated this kind of queuing. He had no choice as I told him, if he dun want to come to this restaurant then we met elsewhere but he still choose to come.


Basically what you can see on the display here are almost all the stuff on the menu

Hoshino Blended Coffee($5.80++) - Famous for its hand dripped coffee. The milk container is very very small but cute. How is the taste of the coffee? hmmm..texture smoother than the one I had in kopitiam as sometime kopitiam one a bit powder taste. Not that bitter, if you are not coffee expert(I am not), I cannot tell what is the best about this. Taste wise to me similar to any other coffee.

Fuwa-Fuwa($15.80++) - Once glance from the display, I thought it is dessert but it actually the main course. What it attracted me is the novelty as out of all the items, this looks special! It looks like souffle, when you pop in, it is like in cloud. The topping has no taste. Inside is the baked rice with beef/pork in tomato sauce which tasted quite nice. I was quite satisfied with my choice, not only looks good but tasted great too. All its baked rices item come with beef and pork and is blended together, so if you a non-pork or non-beef person, you may need to consider the other dishes.

Hoshino Spaghetti($14++) - Non tomato, non creamy based pasta with bacon, eggplant, tomato, spinash, a poached egg,  it looks healthy. My friend did not like it as it feel the bacon is too pork smell and I think he did not appreciate this kind of pasta. I tried a bit, I am fine with the taste but the spaghetti is too hard for me.

French Toast($9.80++) - I am french toast lover but normally I have it at Hong Kong Cafe more, this french toast is really SUPER YUMMY, probably the best I have as of now. It is soft and it tasted like cake too. Dun be fool of the white scoop on top, that is not the ice-cream, it is cream. I dun like the cream so I finished fresh toast only will dip in maple syrup.

Matcha Softee($5.80++) - I got this free with Standard Chartered card promotion where you ordered a main course + drink, it will free you the softee. You can choose between the vanilla and matcha. I took matcha as I almost crazy to choose most matcha desserts if they have.

Our bill

Hoshino Coffee
Address: 68 Orchard Road #03-84 Plaza Singapura
Tel: 63383277

No comments: