Sunday, August 19, 2012

翠華餐廳 Tsui Wah Restaurant

I was walking along the Causeway Bay and came across this restaurant. I saw this review somewhere in OpenRice website and decided to give it a try for my dinner. The restaurant was quite crowded may be due to the dinner time. There were no seats so I need to share the table with another guy. In HK, I understand from friend that it is very common to share the table with others as there are too many people sometime and there aren't enough seat to accommodate everyone. Either you have to wait or you just share with some strangers.




Milk Tea(香滑奶茶) - HKD17.  I am a milk tea lover. The milk tea in HK basically use the evaporated milk, in Singapore they call it Teh-C. The common one in SG, they use condensed milk, which they call Teh. Generally Tsui Wah has standard taste, the tea flavor is strong, and they served in their custom made tea cup, which is quite cute. I love the milk tea for its combination.


Crispy Bun served w/ Sweet Condensed Milk(脆哗奶油猪) - HKD16. The shop invented this from the traditional snack. The bun was crispy and baked with thick butter with Condensed Milk on top. It is nice but nothing special as I do the same to my toast. So next time, I can change to bun instead to have exactly the same as Tsui Wah.


Fish Combination & Seaweed in Fish Soup(自制紫菜鱼四宝) - HKD40. Their signature fish balls soup. I wanted to try all type of fish items, so i chose this fish combination, they gave you fish balls, squid balls, fish spring rolls & fish paste puff. You will have 2 pieces for each types of fish items. The soup first taste a bit weird for me, may be not use of the fish taste, but after a while, it tasted fine, They used quite a lot of peppers in the soup, so it so call covered the fish taste. All the fish items was homemade. Fish balls  & Squid balls tasted good, especially the squid ball you can see the fresh squid in it and not all the paste, it tasted more Q compare to the fish ball. Fish spring rolls & fish paste puff is quite unique but I personally dun like the fish paste puff as it doesn't taste like fish ball style, may be I am not used to it. If compare, I prefer the spring roll more.




翠華餐廳 Tsui Wah Restaurant
G/F, 493-495 Jaffe Road, Causeway Bay
地址 :銅鑼灣謝斐道493-495號地下

Website: http://www.tsuiwahrestaurant.com/

No comments: