Thursday, August 30, 2012

Persian Flavours

This is the first time I had Persian cuisines. My host told me the food here very nice and we never try before. Why not? The restaurant not located at very prime area but the interior is quite nice. You can choose to dine in or take away. My host said lot of people take away as this area hard to find parking.

Persian food basically quite similar with North Indian food when I looked at the menu. They have curry & naan. Overall, I felt this really a great meal. Thanks to my host for the highly recommended cuisines.




Chicken Masti($11.80) - It looked like tandoori chicken, but taste differently and this was very nice. The chicken marinated well and is tender and juicy. Yummy!!


Mushroom Spicy($11) - I really love mushroom so I ordered big one. We got the mild one, as we scared too spicy. Now I think of, we should try the hot one instead. The mushroom combination with curry is just so nice and I will sure find the recipe for it and cook myself.


Lamb Curry($9) - We ordered small portion and it really very small. The curry was great to go with naan. I forgot how much is the naan but it was just great.



Zereshk Polow($6.50) - Dun look down at this white rice with pomegranate seed. This is really tasty, the rice is fragrant, never know such a simple rice can be so tasty.







Persian Flavours Takeaway & Eat In
Address: Forest Hill/Vermont 338 Springvale Rd   Forest Hill, VIC 3131
Tel: 03 9878 3087

No comments: