Friday, July 6, 2012

Old Street Bak Kut Teh 老街肉骨茶

I heard from my colleague regards this place and everyday on bus ride to the office, I will see the big sign below.  On one Friday, we feel like going further to have our lunch and thinking of Bak kut teh, that's why it brought us here.

Surprisingly I found the dry Bak Kut Teh which I normally found in Malaysia. This is the 1st time I had it in Singapore. We ordered some dry and soup Bak Kut teh, some side dishes and shared among 4 of us.

The dry one added with lady finger and dried squid. It tasted quite nice but compare to the one I had normally in KL, KL one tasted better. KL version normally come with dried salted fish.

The pork ribs soup is good, suite to my taste. I like it. Strong pepper flavour but it will be better if less salty. Tau Kee & Preserved Vegetables are great to go with rice.



Dry Bak Kut Teh($8.50)

You Tiao($1 each), Pork Ribs Soup($5.50)

Top: Tau Kee($3.50)
Botton: Preserved Vegetables($2.50)

Pig's stomach Soup($5)

Barley & Sour Plum Drink

Old Street Bak Kut Teh 老街肉骨茶
Address: 129 Upper Paya Lebar Road, Singapore
Nearest MRT:  Tai Seng Station

Opening Hours
Daily: 7am – 1am

No comments: