Friday, July 13, 2012

FLOR Patisserie

FLOR Pâtisserie is a Japanese-styled patisserie serving authentic Japanese inspired French pastry. They have dine in option if you go to the  Duxton Hill shop. Chef Yamashita is the man behind this pastry shop.

‘Flor’ is a Portuguese word for flower, and is pronounced in Japanese as ‘fu-ro-ru’. Widely recognised and accepted as a symbolic representation of love, passion, and beauty, the flower embodies the delicate balance of nature and beauty.

I found this place where I wanted to buy green tea cake, so I did a google online. This lovely place came in my picture.




I bought Thé Vert テベール as my friends' birthday cake. The cake has a layer of green tea sponge base, followed by the harmony of vanilla cream and fragrant green tea mousse, and finally covered by a thin layer of cold, green tea jelly. FLOR Patisserie uses Kyoto-uji matcha (green tea) powder for this particular green tea cake for its clear and pristine flavour and aroma. It is adorned with sweetened Japanese chestnuts. The size I bought is 15 cm (0.8kg) ≈ 5-6 pax for $46.00. If you purchase a whole cake, they will give you a chocolate plate to write for your message, however, there is limited of words you can put on the chocolate plate. If it exceed, you may need to top up for a bigger plate.

The cake is really nice, one of the best green tea cake I had. I dun really like the mousse as I found If I have it too much, I will feel not good, but this green tea mousse, I think I can have more. It is not that sweet and I like it overall. I will find one day to revisit with dine in to enjoy the other cakes available.




FLOR Patisserie
Duxton Hill
#01-01, 2 Duxton Hill
Singapore 089588

Phone:  +65 6223 8628    Fax: +65 6223 5248

Business hours:
Monday to Saturday: 11am- 7pm
Sunday (Public Holidays):  11am- 6pm

Takashimaya
Basement 2, Food Hall
Phone:  +65 6737 1789
Business hours: 10am - 9pm daily

Website: http://www.cakeflor.com.sg/index.html

No comments: