Monday, April 30, 2012

Old Airport Road Market

Old Airport Road Food Centre, one of my favourite hawker food center in Singapore, offering a wide variety of local & even international food. There are around 100++ stall in this food center and one visit is definitely not enough to cover all.

I always saw the long queue at this Xin Mei Xiang Lor Mee stall and finally I decided to take a try. There were almost 15+ people queueing in front of me and I dun know why I was so craving of lor mee that I spent 30mins for the queue. You can choose the price, I took $4, aunty told me it has fish, $3 is the one without fish. The lor mee is nice but not superb as I thought of. I dun really like the fish on it as it had fishy smell which I dun like. I think I will just order the $3 next time.(Provided short queue, I dun think I am going to queue another 30mins for this)


Tiong Bahru Lor Mee, another lor mee stall, which has less queue compare to the above one. 


I like the Kway Chap at Blanco Court Kway Chap (Stall No - #01-135). It is long queue always but not as scary as the lor mee. I dun really take the pig organ stuff unless they clean it well, which I found Blanco Court meet my requirement. I am not too sure whether they make the balacan sauce themselves but it is quite nice with the Kway Chap.




Fresh juice center where you can get all kind of blended juice you like.



Wanna to have some soupy stuff so I took the fish soup. The fish soup is nice, fish is fresh, even I tried the white fish, I dun feel fishy smell. That might be the reason why it was long queue on that day I went.



Newly opened Soya Bean place, they offered buy one free one for the original & almond Soya Bean. They just opened few stall next to Lao Ban. How is the taste? It is cheap for the promotion but if compare, the powder taste stronger which I dun really like. The taste wise are quite ok.



This is the famous lau ban beancurd that is all around the island now. You always see people carry few packets. $1.50 for the normal and $2 for the almond. They also sell soya drink.


Fried banana always my favourite. The fried banana is not bad but quite expensive as I feel like portion quite small for the money I paid. This fried banana costed me $0.90. The stall also sale other fried stuff.



Nam Sing Hokkien Fried Mee - it seems very famous at this hawker center and you have to wait up to 20mins for the food during the peak time. I get a small portion for $3, that is really quite small portion if compare to normal. Tasted quite good.



Old Airport Road Market
Blk 51 Old Airport Road #01-135
Old Airport Road Food Centre Singapore

No comments: