Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Tim Hao Yun添好運

Tim Hao Yun添好運, Michelin one Star Dim Sum Restaurant from Hong Kong 1st opened their restaurant at Plaza Singapura and I heard the record for the queue is 4 hours. Is the food really so nice that worth for 4 hours queue or it is just because of the popularity? It is also the cheapest Michelin restaurant in the world.

Every time when I passed by and saw the queue, I will just try to avoid it and plan to visit only when the heat is over. It finally opens another branch at Toa Payoh and that is a good news for me. The restaurant opened at 10am and I was there at 9:30am, try to be kiasu a bit but I found that I was actually quite late. There were at least 10 families in front of my queue and I found that the restaurant was full!!We joined the queue but as we did not have full attendance and cause so delay for entering the restaurant. However, I did not understand why I was not being attended even we had full attendance and sadly to be said, the service here is really bad. I wasn't sure what's wrong with their arrangement but I only got seated after an hour which suppose to be only 30 mins as I saw those who are behind my queue with more attendance already being attended. 

I finally got seated by squeezing 5 people at a 4 seated  table and the menu is already placed on the table. There aren't many choice and the popular is the Heavenly King 四大天王. It is suppose to be the must ordered stuff and of course that depends on personal preference. The kings - baked bun with BBQ pork 酥皮叉烧包 (3 for $4.50++) - I like the skin very much and I had 2 of it, the filling tasted average; vermicelli roll with pig’s liver 黄沙猪润肠 ($5.50++) -  we did not get this as my friend who tried before strongly not recommend it and also most of us do not like the pig organ; steamed egg cake 香滑马来糕 ( $3.80++per pc) - soft and taste average, quite similar to the steamcake we have but our version I think is using normal sugar instead of brown sugar; pan fried carrot cake 香煎萝卜糕 (3 for $4.50++) - we skipped this too as it looks like the local carrot cake and we decided to reserve for other dim sum.


Congee with Lean Pork with century egg and salted egg($4.20++) - I personally quite like the congee but most of my friends they felt this is just average. Steamed Chciken Feet with Abalone Sauce($5++) - we all concluded that this is fail. It will taste better if we deep friend the feet. Rice with chicken, sausage & mushroom($6++) - tasted average, can be better.


Dumpling Teochew Style(3 for $4++) - I like this but the skin is a bit too oily for me and it will be better if it is not that thick. Prawn Dumpling晶莹鲜虾饺(4 for $5.50++) - tasted good for me, some of my friends said the skin is too thick. Steam Spinach Dumpling with Shrimp(3 for $3.80++) - I like this combination of dim sum. The skin is not too thick, just nice for me. Pork dumpling with shrimp 鲜虾烧卖皇(4 for $5++) - tasted average to me as I had better elsewhere.


Pork Rib with Black Bean Sauce($4.20++) - less black bean taste. Beancurd Skin Roll w/Pork and Shrimp(3 for $4++) - this is not bad, a bit salty tough. Deep Fried Beancurd Skin Roll with Shrimp($6++) - this is not good, very oily and the skin not crispy enough, after taste not comfortable as feel too much oil on lip.


Vermicelli Roll with BBQ Pork($5.50++) and Vermicelli Roll with Shrimp($5.50++) - taste average to me. Some of my friend commended the vermicelli skin is too think. I personally prefer the one with shrimp. Glutinous Rice Dumpling($5++) - taste not bad for me.


Tonic Medlar and Osmantus Cake - Cold(3 for $3.50) - I like this desserts very much, smell really great except a bit sweet for me. It is best to eat while chilled.


Tim Hao Yun添好運
Address: 450 Lorong 6 Toa Payoh #02-02
ERA Centre Toa Payoh
Singapore 319394
Opening Hours:
10.00am – 9.00pm (With effect from 1st November 2013) (Monday – Sunday & Public Holiday)

No comments: