Monday, July 2, 2012

Nanxiang Steamed Bun Restaurant


Went there to celebrate a friend's birthday. I heard about this Restaurant while visited Shanghai few years ago, but din get a chance to try out as the queue was so long and we didn't have much time for that. It is now opened in Singapore so we were thinking to try out the famous Xia Long Bao.

The appertiser, the braised peanut is nice, I dun usually take peanut but I quite like Nan Xiang's one. The homemade style dishes are generally good but the portion is too small with the price we pay. It is just nice a 2-3 person portion where we have 5 people.

The famous xiao long bao is not that good as per recommendation, it may be I had high expectation on it but I think I tasted better xiao long bao else where. The skin is not soft enough and the filling tasted normal. The King Sized Nan Xiang Crab Roe Steamed Soup Bun is quite nice, soup in the bun and I misunderstood that there is meat filling inside. This is fresh and creative.


For desserts, I like the Yam Pastry with sesame, the golden pumpkin cake tasted like Nian Gao(steam rice cake that we usually eat during Chinese New Year) which I dun really tasted pumpkin. The dessert portion quite small.

**All the price below exclude GST & Service Charges.

Vegetables with assorted Egg($9.80). Yummy!

Sauteed Egg White with Milk & Crab Meat($10.80)

King Sized Nan Xiang Crab Roe Steamed Soup Bun($6.80)

Homemade Beancurd - 5 pcs($6)

Vegetables & Pork Filling Steamed Bun - 6 pcs($6.80)

Left: Yam Pastry with sesame-4pcs($5.20)
Right: Golden Pumpkin Cake - 2pcs($3.60)

Shanghai Pan-Fried Dumpling - 5 pcs($5)

Nanxiang Steamed Bun Restaurant
Address: 68 Orchard Road, #02-01 Plaza Sinigapura, Singapore
Tel:  +65 6337 7446
Website: http://www.nanxiang.com.sg/

No comments: